Wednesday 7 January 2015

WORKSHOP 3:Theatre as a tool for change


Facilitator: Rosemary Sweeney

This workshop aimed to  achieve an individual understanding of social justice through a group drama workshop. By looking briefly at forum theatre and also group dynamics through the ideas of community and working together. Participants will have increased understanding of power relationships, develop an ability to stand up and use their voice and be motivated to participate and be part of change.







Reflections from participants:
   It has made a strong identifiable connection between global issues and people.
   It helps me to think of how we are responsible in different situations by our actions whether good or bad and most importantly how we as global citizens have the power to make a change.
   It has encourage me to be opened to things I am afraid of
   It helped to think about and discuss about important topics without realising and by just 'playing'
   The experience will help me in my work. Working in an international group always pushes the limits of communications and connections
   Now I see by trying to see other peoples situation, I can understand more and help find a solution.

  • How simple the exercises were and how clear the conclusions and messages were. I think even though they are huge issues, it's easy to see where the problem lies.




1 comment:

  1. I would do this course Again .. There was so much Learning...

    ReplyDelete