Monday 5 January 2015

WORKSHOP: Creative Writing as a tool for building resilience and Global Citizenship.


Creative Writing exercises encouraged us to map out our personal journeys in becoming good global citizens. We were guided through a process that helped us reflect on something significant that shaped us to become the people we are today .....active global citizens.



See below some a sample of some poems we wrote.


                                                    
By Rosemary
It came silently and soft
almost hushed as though
I wasn't meant to know

Some may say it was bitterly-
sweet, the way your tastebuds
develop as you grow

The air was close, heavy at
first, but as the door opened
in flowed flowers and spice

As before, the light in the room was dim,
echoing the hearts, but slowly
in seeped the light through
the glass in the door

As I emerged from that room
I knew that I had made it
I knew it was meant for me

And now, here I stand ready,
Now my heart feels strong,
my head is full of brightness
my hands want to encourage!
   








Echos by Grainne 


The sound was like an echo, an echo, with
a strong world music beat behind it.
It tasted like tapas and tequila on a
lazy Sunday afternoon, lights dimmed
with salt, lime and spicy things

The smell was like feet- dancing feet,
dancing feet, feeling their way across the
floor in time with the music, alone and
with a partner

The sight of other bodies meeting, melting,
jumping, rolling and climbing...with me,
against, together

People watching. It didn't matter
I felt good, complete, alive, tuned in - body awake,
limbs moving, in a trance yet super aware. Invincible.

Now my heart feels like I miss that time, a
desire for my body to move once again. regret
(why we didn't go to Israel?)
My head is full of thoughts as the body no longer
wriggles to release them. Shake it out, shake it out.
My hands want to once agin feel the floor,
feet want to run, jump, spin, all of me
rolling, tumbling, happy!

A moment of present by Andras
I have travelled around only to find the best place
is the present, to be
I heard birds singing in the forest,
waves arrive to the shore, a never ending heartbeat
like drinking water after a week in the desert
I smelled incense from the Far East
And saw such beauty in simplicity
I felt home.
Now my heart feels like meeting an old friend
My head is full of curiosity, what does he have to say?
My hands want to touch and hold him,
but he is already gone



                                                     
                                                    Collaborative poems




No comments:

Post a Comment